Sahajanand Medical Technologies Limited (SMT) maintains the privacy of all the visitors to www.smtpl.com. Any information collected from the website can be used by SMT and its affiliates for marketing and promotional activities. The particulars that we collect are used as feedback to make the website more user-friendly and more informative. It also gives us an idea as to which service you visit the most, we try and improve on those links for you to understand SMT well and to make our website’s content and services more appropriate and easier to use. We may use the information provided by you, with prior permission, to send information about updates to our web site or other marketing resources.
Few links mentioned in www.smtpl.com require the visitors to register and provide a password for access. That information is used exclusively by SMT and its affiliates for promotional and marketing activities and data and other information gathered from registered users of www.smtpl.com is used to improve the www.smtpl.com customer experience. This information helps us further develop our services, to provide you access to valuable SMT’ internet-based information and services.
SMT provides your personal information to the authorities of the country of transit or destination for customs and tax clearance or for security viewing, as required by the laws of such country. The information usually comprises of shipper name and address, receiver name and address, description of the goods, number of pieces, weight and value of shipment.
The phrase “personal information” refers to any information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the internet can be identified and includes any sensitive personal data or information that we may obtain from you.
Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this website and other SMT’s websites (this includes any information that you may provide (i) while registering as a member, (ii) engaging in transactions, (iii) searching products and/or services, etc.), mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in chats, forums, opinion polls, surveys, bulletin boards, discussion boards or in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information (including sensitive personal data or information) we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our websites
- Your shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number) or shipping information of other people to whom purchases have been shipped at your request
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties (for e.g. updated delivery addresses provided by our carriers, etc.)
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
Information about the devices our visitors use to access the internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type with system MAC address)
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites
- Dates and times of visits to our websites
- Information on actions taken on our websites (such as page views and website navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our websites
Apart from our existing/prospective customers or visitors of our website, we may also obtain, collect, hold or receive personal information (including sensitive personal information) from our employees such as their name, postal and email address, phone number, demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender), medical history/reports, bank account information etc.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your account on the websites
- Provide services at your request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your orders (including by arranging shipping and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the orders you place on our websites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions
- Tailor our services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our websites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our websites, mobile applications and social media assets
- Enforce the website’s terms and conditions of use
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
You may choose to opt-out of promotional communication that you receive from SMT.
In addition to the data uses described above, we may use the information collected through cookies and complete log i.e. IP Address, system MAC address, browser and operating system other automated means to identify and authenticate visitors.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your experience with us, to communicate with you about services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
In respect of personal information (including sensitive personal information) obtained, collected, received or held by us relating to our employees we will use such information in terms of the company policy and/or to provide the benefits assured to such employees in their terms of employment.
Information We Share
We also may disclose information about existing/prospective customers of SMT, visitors of the www.smtpl.com website or employees of SMT (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities for the purposes of verification of identity, prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We offer you (existing/prospective customers of SMT, visitors of the www.smtpl.com website or employees of SMT) certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You (existing/prospective customers of SMT, visitors of the www.smtpl.com website or employees of SMT) may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, refusal to provide any sensitive personal data or information or withdrawing your consent to SMT’ use or disclosure of your personal information (including any sensitive personal data or information) will mean that existing/prospective customers of SMT or visitors of the www.smtpl.com cannot take advantage of certain SMT offerings or website features.
Here are the choices we offer to you as existing/prospective customers of SMT or visitors of the www.smtpl.com:
- Sharing information with business partners
You may direct SMT not to share your personal information with our business partners for those partners’ own purposes.
- Marketing emails
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our websites.
- Geo-location information
When you use an SMT application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of our websites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Access and Correction
Links to Other Websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with SMT. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which you should review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites not affiliated with SMT, any use of those websites, or those websites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your SMT account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our websites. Please note that we will never ask for your SMT account user name or password via email.
How to Contact Us
General Privacy Notice:
The details of the grievance officer are as follows:
Sahajanand Medical Technologies Limited
Attention of Company Secretary and Compliance Officer